A bridge toward the University, those who produce research and those who have the skills and technology to produce innovation. This is what Democenter-Sipe Foundation wants to be for local businesses, thanks to a target package of services ranging from company check-ups to subsidized financing.
This objective is concretely pursued through a wide range of services, provided individually or in packages, within the framework of specific projects or on a fee basis:
- Marketing of research: in collaboration with university ILOs (industrial liaison offices), Democenter-Sipe Foundation is actively committed to promoting the results of research activity conducted within the University.
- Analysis of innovative ideas: the first step for launching an innovation process is to define a firm’s technological limits and strengths so as to identify which aspects the activities should focus on.
- Technological benchmarking: what is the technological level of the main competitors? Where does excellence lie? The answer to this question represents a fundamental step for launching an effective project.
- Technology search: through its consultants the Center helps businesses enter into contact with innovative technological solutions applicable to their specific reality.
- Intellectual property: in collaboration with major consulting firms, Democenter-Sipe Foundation helps businesses to make the most of their intangible assets, also through individual guidance with respect to trademarks, patents and designs.
- Laboratories: Democenter-Sipe Foundation is creating a complete, up-to-date map of the opportunities that university laboratories can provide firms in relation to innovation projects.
- Research projects: Democenter-Sipe Foundation experts are available to support internal staff in formulating and managing the entire innovation project.
- Search for financing: the Foundation can help businesses to find the best source of finance for carrying out a project, also by completing applications and overseeing the entire process, including reporting activities.
Some of our achievements:
Innovative Materials Projects
Democenter-Sipe Foundation helps businesses to identify and experiment with new materials and technologies by placing at their disposal a database, expert consulting services and the collaboration of the Materials Engineering Department of the University of Modena.
In collaboration with the municipal authority of Modena, Democenter-Sipe Foundation offers “Modena Innova”, a package of free specialist audit and consulting services for SMEs, geared toward identifying their innovation needs and the skills or technologies needed to answer them.